Thankfully, Google has given us a manageable tool to understand how it sees your site, what problems might be hitting your traffic, and how you can improve the site for better rankings and results. And as we see the internet is a crowded place. And this is where the search engines become handier, and that is why the search engine optimization is considered as quite a crucial thing to stand out.
Now, Look out the below content section in which we are going to cover up what the heck is google webmaster tool and how “Google Webmaster Tool” works.
- What is Google Webmaster tool?
- Simple steps to get a Google Webmaster account
- Create a sitemap
- How can Google webmaster tools support monitoring website's performance?
- Ways to Improve Your SEO Strategy with GWT
- Implementing the GWT tools:
- Accomplish few GWT Steps:
- Why use Webmaster Tools?
- Final thoughts about GWT
What is Google Webmaster Tool?
Google webmaster tool is being used for many purposes like to calculate the performance of a website and so for other aspects of the search engines. If you are the owner of a website then you can use this tool for free. It shows all the details about your website such as ranking keyword, pages, most viewed pages or posts, and it lets you notify for the errors in your website such as copied content, misleading links, broken links, and so on.
And the best part? It’s free. If you don’t have a GWT account, then you need to go get one now.
Now some of you might be thinking about how to create an account on Google webmaster. Right? Don’t need to worry as we are going to share the points via you can simply log in.
Simple steps to get a Google Webmaster account
1. Firstly, Login into Google Account
If you don’t already have a Google account, you’ll need to sign up for one.
Just go to Google.com and click on ‘You’. Then sign up for an account.
This will give you a Google Gmail address as well as access to other Google applications.
2. Secondly, do set up a Webmaster Tools account
To set up Webmaster Tools, visit http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools and sign in with your Google account - preferably the same one you use for GA.
3. Thirdly, Click ‘Add a Site’. And enter your site’s URL.
And at last, you’ll need to verify that the site is yours. You'll be given several options, but the easiest way is to verify via your GA account.
For this to happen smoothly, you’ll need to be an administrator of the GA account (if you’ve only got ‘User’ permissions; ask the site’s Administrator to upgrade you).
Your account should be authorised and ready to use. Though, when you’re setting up Webmaster Tools for the first time, it may take a few days for data to appear.
Create a sitemap
Once your site is verified, you should create and submit a sitemap via the WMT interface.
A sitemap is a simple file that will tell Google what pages you have on your website. You can find out more about sitemaps here.
If you are running a WordPress website, it’s worth installing the XML sitemaps plugin which will build an XML sitemap for you.
There are loads more to learn about Webmaster Tools, and our friends at KISSmetrics have produced a useful guide
And, if you haven't already done so, it's worth checking out Wordtracker's guide to setting up Google Analytics.
How can Google webmaster tools support monitoring website's performance?
- It verifies that Google can access the content on your website.
- GWT makes it possible to submit new pages and posts for Google to crawl and remove content you don't want search engine users to discover.
- It helps you deliver and evaluate content that offers users more visual experience.
- You can maintain your website without disrupting its presence in search results.
- It allows you to discover and eliminate malware or spam problems that may not be easily found through other means.
Ways to Improve Your SEO Strategy with GWT
Google webmaster tools (GWT) used by the search experts to analyse the technical aspects of a website. Such experts rely and focus on data like crawl stats, page errors and other rich snippets. Besides, in technical analysis we recommend to use Google webmaster tools for basic on-page SEO improvements. Look at the below ways to use GWT through which you can improve more.
The usual practical methods that can increase your SEO rankings are:
- Using a complete SEO audit;
- Working with “webmaster tools” account;
- Smart link building is a must;
- Mobile-friendly site;
- Texts should be at least 1890 words;
- Regular monitoring of Google search console data;
- Constant updating of your former posts and other methods.
Implementing the GWT tools:
Also, you can implement the following items to enhance and simply promote the search appearance of your website via Google Webmaster Tools.
- Add all your website versions – Make sure you add both “www” and “non-www” versions (and HTTPS, if applicable) for your site.
- Select your preferred version – Choose whether you want your site to appear with or without “www” in Google Search.
- Select target country – Set your geographic preference if your site targets users in a specific country.
- Share access – If you want other people to access your reports, you can add different access levels.Submit a sitemap file – This helps Google better understand how to crawl your site.
Accomplish few GWT Steps:
Here is how to accomplish a few of these steps quickly:
Step 1 , choosing the preferred domain, can be performed by clicking the gear icon and choosing the ‘Site Settings’ option (you must have both www and non-www sites added to GWT first.)
Step 2 can be found under Search Traffic > International Targeting. NOTE: Choose this option only for companies that provide services that are exclusively ‘local’. This option should not be checked for a business that may sell products or provide services to other countries, such as Canada or Mexico, or Overseas.
Step 3 is done by accessing the Crawl > Sitemaps menu item on the left of the Google Webmaster Tools page and clicking the ‘Add/Test Sitemap’ button. You must have a sitemap XML file already created and live on the website before submitting its URL to Google. NOTE: If a sitemap ‘index’ file exists, submit only that index file, as Google will auto-discover the child sitemaps.
Why use Webmaster Tools?
One of the tool’s top applications is that it allows webmasters to make sure that their websites and pages are crawled and processed for Google Indexing. Error reports enable them to discover issues that might prevent their site from doing well in Google search. Webmaster Tools also comes with a set of Google Search Tools which gives data on what keywords are ranking on Google and what domains are linking to the given website.
Final thoughts about GWT
We cordially recommend you to work with this SEO tool to accomplish better search rankings. You will be perplexed by the consequences that "webmaster tools" will bring in a short period. All you need to do is to place your site in a GWT account (as we have mentioned above) and just commence your online venture right away.
PS: If you liked, then kindly share your kind reviews in the comments section below. And to stay in touch and not miss any of our articles/blogs, then do subscribe to our newsletter, and check out our blog page https://blog.paradisetechsoft.com/
PPS: Follow us on our Social media handles: Medium: medium.com, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ParadiseTechSoftSolution/, LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/3302119/admin/, GitHub: Do check out our recent repositories at https://github.com/puneet-kaushal/