The season is quite baneful this time because of coronavirus. As we all know that an outbreak of the coronavirus (now called COVID-19) in China has caused global concern. These viruses are typically responsible for common colds more than serious diseases. However, coronaviruses are also behind some more severe outbreaks. Let’s take a look at what the heck is a coronavirus, its symptoms, causes/prevention and so on!
What the heck is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). The Covid-19 virus is a member of the coronavirus family that made the jump from animals to humans late last year. Many of those initially infected either worked or frequently shopped in the Huanan seafood wholesale market in the centre of the Chinese city of Wuhan.
In addition to COVID-19, other human coronaviruses have included:
- The MERS virus, or Middle East respiratory syndrome.
- The SARS virus, or severe acute respiratory syndrome, which first occurred in the Guangdong province in southern China.
Common symptoms of coronavirus
If we look up to its symptoms then the coronaviruses are similar to any other respiratory infections subsuming:
- Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
This noxious virus can cause pneumonia-like symptoms too. And if the people who are fallen ill are reported to suffer coughs, fever, and other difficulties in breathing. This is viral pneumonia that simply can cause and in fact, the antibiotics found of no use.
And in most of the cases, people won't know whether they are suffering from coronavirus or cold-causing allergies that's been called as Rhinovirus. It takes around 5 days to start showing the symptoms, researchers have said but some people will get symptoms much later than this. The incubation period lasts up to 14 days, the World Health Organization (WHO) says. But some researchers say it may be up to 24 days.
Must aware of the difference between Coronavirus and Rhinovirus:
Coronavirus: These tend to do their dirty work in the winter and early spring. The coronavirus is the cause of about 20% of colds. There are more than 30 kinds, but only three or four affect people.
Rhinovirus: This group is most active and effective in early fall, spring, and summer. They cause 10%-40% of colds. You'll feel plenty uncomfortable when you catch one, but the good news is they rarely make you seriously sick.
Preventions of Coronavirus Disease:
1 HANDS: Wash them often
2 ELBOW: Cough into it
3 FACE: Don’t touch it
4 SPACE: Keep a safe distance
5 FEEL: sick? Stay home
Know how it spreads
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease in 2020 (COVID-19).
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Take steps to protect yourself:
Clean your hands often!
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact!
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
How many people affected from Coronavirus in the World?
India: India's poor testing rate may have masked coronavirus cases. Confirmed cases in India have climbed to 153 with death toll across the world nearing the 8000-mark.
Outside India: Coronavirus has killed 148 people and infected more than 6,600 in France, where, along with Spain, infections and fatalities have been surging at a pace just days behind that of Italy, the epicentre of the outbreak in Europe. Egypt reported 40 new confirmed cases and two more deaths because of coronavirus, bringing the total of COVID-19 related deaths in the country to four, the health ministry said in a statement. France's Public Health Authority reported 21 new deaths from coronavirus taking the total to 148, an increase of around 16 per cent.
Among other countries to report a rise in the total number of cases are Germany (795); the UK (206); the Netherlands (188).
More than 80,000 people have been infected with coronavirus in China since its emergence in the city of Wuhan, Hubei province. Globally the number of infections stands at more than 100,000.
"So, Have you or someone you know been affected by coronavirus? Share your experiences with us by commenting in the comments section".
Follow us for more technical blogs on https://blog.paradisetechsoft.com/