Importance of jQuery in Designer’s Career
how-to-tell-seasonal-allergies-from-covid-19-symptoms/Importance of jquery in the web designing
In this blog, we will discuss what is jQuery and why should we use jQuery? So let’s proceed with the intro part initially.
History of jQuery
The first jQuery code:
Popularity of jQuery
- In the year 2015, jQuery was used on 63% of the top 1 million websites (according to BuiltWith), and 17% of all Internet websites.
- In the year 2017, jQuery was used on 69.2% of the top 1 million websites (according to Libscore).
- In the year 2018, jQuery was used on 73% of the top 1 million websites, and by 22.4% of all websites (according to BuiltWith).
- As of May 2019, jQuery is used by 73% of the 10 million most popular websites (according to W3Techs).
Even the percentage of usage is so high, it’s discouraged to use the library in new projects, in favor of declarative frameworks like React, Angular or Vue. There are even websites that shows how to use native APIs and that you don’t need jQuery. Also, the 73% usage doesn’t correlate with actual interest that is constantly dropping.
What is jQuery?
- Selecting or targeting elements,
- applying the style to them,
- supplementing effects,
- creating animations,
- event handling,
- navigating and manipulating DOM tree &
- Developing AJAX application etc.
Today most of the websites over the internet use jQuery. jQuery has really wide community and the forum. You can visit jQuery forum by visiting this given link:
There you can get help from professional. You can ask questions and help others by just answering the questions. jQuery is continuously getting updated. A lot of professionals are developing easy to use plugins, which make the designers and developers life easy while developing websites or web applications.
So, Why you have to learn jQuery?
How to use jQuery in HTML?
To Load Local jQuery File
Ideally, this markup is kept in under <head> </head> tag of your web page, however you are free to keep anywhere you want.
How to link jQuery in HTML Page?
To link a separate JS file in HTML is quite an easy task for the designers. We will see here how to link jQuery on the HTML web page.
Below is an example of HTML File which links jQuery file to a new.js
5 Reasons you should be using jQuery?
Many of the biggest companies on web use jQuery are:
All based on the manipulation of the HTML, DOM (Document Object Model) and designed only to simplify the client-side scripting of HTML, jQuery incorporates parts of HTML & CSS. Many companies are on the jQuery bandwagon, and your company should be, as well.
Let’s proceed over those 5 reasons and grasp something amusing.
- jQuery is a lot more easy to use than raw JS
- jQuery is extensible
- jQuery simplifies and has rich Ajax support
- jQuery has a large development community and many free plugins. For example- within your application, if you want to implement an auto-mate textbox. You can either write code for that from scratch or you use one of the free jQuery plugins that are available already, tested and proven to work in.
Now let’s see how to use jQuery in our application, how to use it with your application. Here, all you have to do is:
- Navigate to your jQuery.com website
- Download development jQuery file
So, we navigate to jQuery.com, notice that we have this download jQuery button. Once we click on that, then we goto download page and note on this page you will see the download button.
There are two versions of jQuery available for downloading:
- Production Version- This is for your live website because it has been minified and compressed.
- Development Version- This is for testing and development (uncompressed and readable code)
Note: Both versions can be downloaded from jQuery.com
Notice that the <script> tag should be inside the <head> section.
Advantages of jQuery
- It holds the ability to keep the code simple, clear, readable and usable.
- It supports Ajax and lets you develop the templates easily.
- Through some jQuery effects that are almost identical to flash, the major advantage of jQuery is that it can be optimized in terms of SEO.
Disadvantages of jQuery
It’s obvious that the jQuery is not to be the Pink of Perfection. It holds many drawbacks as well. jQuery is a tool or a library of tools. It can solve problems or create problems. As said nothing is perfect so it is.
- Not to compatible
- Better alternatives
- Increased technology stack
How jQuery help you in career growth?
If you are a front-end developer, then jQuery will add value to your profile. jQuery offers a great deal of flexibility and more power to the web designers. It is widely used, it is lightweight and clean and open-source.
Having this kind of skill will be a major advantage to web developers in the growth of career.
Features of jQuery
Now, we are going to provide you the essential features of jQuery. A designer must have knowledge regarding it’s features as well. Here are the features that we are going to discuss:
- HTML manipulation
- DOM element selection
- DOM manipulation
- CSS manipulation
- Animations & Effects
- JASON parsing
- Extensibility through plug-ins
- HTML event methods
- Cross-browser support
All in All
jQuery is worth the effort, money, and time. This library can stunning & eye-catching effects on the website. With a little coding, it will be a colossal part of the web development. It holds all the impeccable tools needed to build a website that is interactive and highly engaging. Overall, this is a game-changing technology to use.