As we can notice that the IT sector in India has commenced reopening the offices after COVID-19, with having smart guidelines and remarkable game plans to protect their employees, customers, and their entire businesses.
The business owners or Human Resources (HR) leaders need to navigate your company within the coronavirus pandemic and possible recession, to take utmost precaution to accommodate your workplace into a protected atmosphere for both staff and clients.
We have to keep in mind how do you keep these things collectively, how do you open your office and keep social distancing while managing your costs. Accept that the same way you worked earlier has changed and made work from home a way of life.
You’re in a significant role specifically in managing new — and unique concerns, and you need to find techniques to allow the business to operate without agreeing on public health or confidence.
Additionally its not about reopening offices by holding new regulations with safety practices (although that is crucial). Instead by holding proper safety requires that you bring all of your stakeholders to the table to plan for your prompt and long-term FUTURE.
Now to maintain the proper security and protection for your employees, the offices must follow the below checklist first:
Assess your space and local laws
Before resuming office, you have to take a look at your workplace initially. Then focus your work practices, and people. This may subsume proper evaluating traffic formats for your organization. Moreover, the proper structure for the work-places and lunching habits, and so on. Presently, you just need to check closeness of communications as much as possible.
In this blog post, we are gonna dive into workplace aptness and important archives that the leaders should be asking themselves.
Now as we can see while the companies are much eager to get employees/workers back into the offices or their workplaces, they necessitate keeping in mind that determining who will return and when they will return during this complex scenario.
Apart from workplaces/offices, the local government mandates and landlord policies that should be considered during this reopening era all after the unfavorable COVID-19 like building employees' confidence for the precise sanctuary.
Preferred Checklist for Workplaces after COVID-19
- Prepare a set of “NO PERSONAL COMMUNICATION” laws: Limit handshaking closed gathering areas, hugging, or any other physical contact.
- Support “NO ITEM SHARING” when desirable: This covers things like pens, diaries/notepads, dry erase markers, working table space, file folders, computers/systems, and anything else that can be attributed to individual workers and not shared. We acknowledge that not all businesses will be able to afford a zero-tolerance policy of shared work tools, but where, within judgment, a limiting of exposure to shared objects, attention should be addressed.
- Organize your floor system: What can you do to your workspace that will maximize the 6-foot distance between workers, consumers, and guests? Can you vacillate workspaces? Arrange departments or employees' sitting areas to point towards walls or office partitions?
- Neighboring break room hangouts: Workers or employees will need breaks, legally and mentally. But we as management, need to handle them. Previously, restaurant and retail break rooms could be seen with rare staffers reclining on worn-out couches, quickly eating snacks or cracking jokes before returning to the floor. Now, these breaks need to be observed. If the break room has enough room to accommodate the number of workers who would be taking a break at once should be prepared by the management of your organization.
- Build prominent hand sanitizing services with proper sanitation equipment: Hand sanitizer might be your latest line thing on your interest observations. Companies are going to require to spend in safety equipment of both their workers and clients to keep the trust of customers/clients getting back. If anyone sacred to get back to you then you should make a limit to get 60% or more alcohol hand sanitizers and make them easily obtainable across your business or office space.
- Post public equipment sanitation laws: If your office has common-use equipment (such as coffee-machines, copy machines, and any other industry-specific tools) think posting clear directions about how to clean the machines and each and every tool between uses to keep multi-users secure.
- Form proper face mask rules: Companies are able to make special specifications concerning face mask requirements. While having central and local meetings or arrangements, create face mask rules that you believe are the most relevant for your line of business. Then, update your employee handbook with your new systems, and make sure employees are clear with your expectations of both them and the customers you assist.
- Separate the 9-5 policy: The 9 am to 5 pm workday might be under societal inspection as group dynamics decrease in favor of distanced intercommunications between people. And, it’s not just the 9-5ers who necessitate considering this, but how can your business adjust its hours of service altogether to make room for something new.
Coronavirus has forced the entire world to adapt to change quickly and rapidly. Even after the lockdown ends, offices in India should consider a large number of precautions for their employees. Till then,
Work Hard, Keep Maintain Distance!
PS: If you liked, then kindly share your kind reviews in the comments section below. And to stay in touch and not miss any of our articles/blogs, then do subscribe to our newsletter, and check out our blog page https://blog.paradisetechsoft.com/
PPS: Follow us on our Social media handles: Medium: medium.com, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ParadiseTechSoftSolution/, LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/3302119/admin/, GitHub: Do check out our recent repositories at https://github.com/puneet-kaushal/